As I would later learn, I was herxing bad but not from Lyme Disease. Oh no, this recent state of debilitation is credited entirely to candida die off. For so long, I questioned the ineffectiveness of standard detox methods (e.g., epsom salt bath, sauna, burbur) I had been utilizing to reduce a suspected Lyme Disease die off. These methods of detoxification took the edge off but for a reason that had since eluded me, their detrimental effects remained.
Why? Why is it that the methods used for reducing Lyme Disease die off are merely ineffective when it comes to reducing Candida die off? The reason is a specific toxin candida releases into the body know as acetaldehyde. Acetaldehyde is not removed from the body in the same fashion as the other 79 toxins candida releases to cause a die off (courtesy thecandidadiet.com). It remains for a much longer duration than the typical toxin until it is eventually broken down. Since it remains, recovering from a candida die off (i.e., brain fog, joint pain, etc) can take quite some time. This is where Molybdenum comes in.
Molybdenum has the ability to convert the stubborn toxin candida releases known as acetaldehyde into acetic acid (courtesy thecandidadiet.com). In turn, it then can be removed from the body like any other toxin. This isn't to say that Molybdeum will reduce your herxheimer reaction directly. However, it is to say that Molybdenum will allow the detoxification methods used for reducing a herx to be truly effective once more.
So does Molybdenum assist in reducing a herx? Yes. In fact, it works so well that I have actually been able to start working again. Who would of known that a simple trace mineral was the catalyst to reducing a candida herx.
Though I would have found Molybdenum at another store that day, there was still great knowledge I would receive before I left the health food store. The clerk, after learning about my reasons for my visit, proclaimed she possessed knowledge from a naturopathic doctor that assisted a chronic Lyme Disease sufferer in achieving remission.
The clerk handed me the piece of paper and I began to glance through as she insisted on summarizing its content. Using your eyes and ears at the same time while herxing can be an impossible task; so out of respect, I was forced to listen to the clerk and read the paper's content at a later time. Here is what it read:
- "Penicillin" and "Amoxycillian" and I presume every other conventional antibiotic, "Kills what it sees, but not bacterium that burrows".
- "Key Items: bacterial - burrows in tissue, fat, kidneys, spine, etc"
- It is an "Extremely fast multiplier - everywhere but eyes"
- The use of conventional antibiotics "Kills stomach".
- Conventional antibiotics "Get 95%" of the total amount of spirochetes. After the 3 weeks of conventional antibiotics, there is a "5% survival rate".
- After 3 weeks of antibiotics, one would be placed on a holistic protocol that consisted of "concentrated doses of carnivora (venus fly trap)" and "Samento (natural antibiotic)" for a total duration of "18 months".
I personally can not say for sure if this protocol is truly effective at assisting one in achieving remission. I was only told that it is has and will. Apparently the person whom it helped was also able to rid themselves of cancer purely with herbs. Again, I am hearing all of this through the messenger and can't truly confirm the validity of these claims.
I do however find that much of the information claimed to be true coincides with the knowledge I have used or may still be using to achieve remission from Lyme Disease.
- I use Teasel Root specifically to entice the bacterium hiding in my tissue to enter the blood stream or as I like to call it, the battlefield; thus exposing them to antibiotics and the immune system. Apparently my usage of Teasel is a reflection of my impatience as according to this protocol, it seems inevitable the bacteria must reenter the blood stream on its own eventually.
- The information fails to address the bacterium in cyst form specifically but that's not to say that Samento or Carnivora aren't intended to be used a cyst buster; that is if they possess these properties.
- This protocol claims that you'll achieve remission in roughly "18 months". Whether this protocol will actually bring forth remission is uncertain but we all know that much time need be dedicated to heal from Lyme Disease.
Even as I am still uncertain about the true state of my health, whether I'm in remission or not, my passion to provide the support and knowledge to those who need it will remain. This site is all that I wish I had available to me during the time in my life when all I had were unanswerable questions.
The answer is yes. You're probably contemplating what question you're sure you didn't ask, that I may be referring to. Well it's true, you didn't ask a question; at least on a conscious level. You see, we as human beings possess an intuitive understanding of each other that reigns supreme over the disgraceful dependence of words. We rely too much on the primitive sound that is perceived to be truth and not enough on what we feel. Yes. You will achieve remission. If you persist to believe in a truth that has existed regardless of your knowledge, you'll get there. Remember that you're not alone in this fight and that those that are now in remission, were at one time in your shoes.
Warning: The information presented in this blog is not to be taken as medical advice. Always consult with your physician before altering your protocol.